Thursday, October 6, 2011

HP Laserjet P4014N


Product Review

I purchased this printer to replace a LaserJet 4250 that was about 6 years old and had printed 120,000 pages. I have only had this for 1 day so far, but so far every thing is going nicely and it really is what I expected. A couple of individuals commented about the noise level. This really is significantly quieter than my LaserJet 4250 was. Bear in mind that this printer can be a laser printer that puts out 45 pages per minute. It will not be as quiet as an inkjet printer that is printing several pages per minute. In case you are trying to find a monochrome laser printer that will print 45 pages per minute, I think this is an excellent one. I purchased mine by means of Amazon with Purchase.com being the vendor. The price was $424 which includes free of charge shipping. In the event you get this from HP or from Workplace Depot or perhaps a location like that, the cost is $799 plus about $65 of shipping. So I got it for about half of the cost from a key retailer. But it will be the exact same printer regardless of who you buy it from. So shop for price savings. (More...)