Monday, October 10, 2011

HP LaserJet 2100 - Printer - B/W - laser - Legal, A4 - 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi - up to 10 ppm - capacity: 350 sheets - AC 230 V


Product Review

I picked up my HP Laserjet 2100 at a flea industry for $5.00 about 2001 or so and it has served me nicely ever since, including the toner cartridge. I was able to locate a post script level 2 personality chip for the printer utilized for $8 which includes shipping, so it can serve my mac printing as well. Given that the printer includes an ethernet print server by default it makes an outstanding residence, small office or department printer. The printer is rated at 10 ppm and delivers well, especially for text only documents. It handles graphics, spreadsheets, charts and I have never run into a dilemma with fonts. Printing in PS is slightly slower than pcl 6 which is the native print engine. (Read More...)